Workcover forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Workcover forum

A forum for interaction and public awareness of injured workers and the workcover system.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Freedom of information requests

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lucas

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Freedom of information requests Empty
PostSubject: Freedom of information requests   Freedom of information requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:16 pm

There is a case on the queensland information commissioners website.
Its price vs nominal defendant. decision 99003 application s 2/95. Its a very strong case to say that documents held by investigators, solicitors, and external service providers have to be recalled when you make an FOI application.
Most times workcover do not give you this information.
When you do an FOI application make your request specific.
" I request all documents and records relating to me held by Workcover and its external service providers."

2)If you get a schedule outlining documents they will not give you.
When you receive the documents immediately apply for an internal review of the decision simply write to the Chief Executive officer stating.
I seek an internal review of your decision no. ......... and dated.......
Then when you receive the response again seek an external review from the ombudsman.
If you are astute you will now find the wheels fall off the system.
Documents will turn up you never thought even existed, pursue every document and cross check and you will find so much more that has not been disclosed. Simply repeat the process every few months and keep them busy..
Back to top Go down

Freedom of information requests
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Workcover forum :: Discussion place for injured workers :: Useful legal cases-
Jump to: