Workcover forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Workcover forum

A forum for interaction and public awareness of injured workers and the workcover system.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Great site Empty
PostSubject: Great site   Great site Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 2:19 pm

HI This site is a great idea. I was injured in a fall at work about 12 years ago. I have not worked since and am stuck on Workcover. I have tried a few times to get a payout but they have offered me only $50000. This is only just over a years wages for me.
The worst thing is that if I take the payout I have to live on it for over a year before I can get Social security.
This seems weird to me. If I stay on the system or take a payout financially there is no difference to me except that in a years time I do not get workcover payments just Social security.
I am far better off staying on the system unless they offer me a reasonable redemption.
Has anyone else been in the same position?
Back to top Go down
lucas

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Great site Empty
PostSubject: Hang in there Dude..   Great site Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:10 pm

You are far better off sitting back on the system if they do not give you a fair redemption. The more people that exercise this right the soooner they might start giving fair redemptions and do something about the appallling system that they call Workcover.
Back to top Go down
Annie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Great site Empty
PostSubject: They are changing   Great site Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Well they are changing it but changing it to make sure you stay on it forever if you are injured.
Dopey bastards..
If everyone pushed the other way that they did not want redemptions and wanted to stay on the system I think they would legislate the other way.
JUst watch the unfunded liability spiral with the new legislation.
More injured workers than ever before and more unfunded liability with no way of throwing them off the system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great site   Great site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great site
Page 1 of 1