Workcover forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Workcover forum

A forum for interaction and public awareness of injured workers and the workcover system.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today Advertiser

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt R.

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Today Advertiser Empty
PostSubject: Today Advertiser   Today Advertiser Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 5:22 pm

I read today in the advertiser that NIck Xenophon had been engaging in another job other than his position as an MP.

He said in an interview that he does some legal work on the side as a pro bono lawyer.

I wonder if he does any Workcover work?

How can a law maker ( legislative council member ) participate in
making make the laws on one hand and then make money from arguing
points of law on the very legislation he has helped to legislate?

I do not intend to simply target Nick as there were others also involved in work outside of their jobs as MPs.
My biggest concern is that really very few if any of the MPs could be seen to be doing their jobs in a satisfactory manner. Just ring one up and see if they will make an appointment to see you. I think you will find that their second job is more important than someone from their electorate.

Posted by Matt R. at 6:37 PM, 5/6/2007
Back to top Go down
Gary

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Today Advertiser Empty
PostSubject: Too wright   Today Advertiser Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:31 pm

Have you ever tried to make an appointment with Minister Wright?

I think its his policy not to meet with injured workers. I guess its probably for his own safety although one could also say its because he has nothing to do with the running of workcover. After all what would a teacher know about running a workers compensation scheme.
I am sure being the minister of workcover would be a little different to looking after a classroom of rowdy children?
Back to top Go down

Today Advertiser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Workcover forum :: Discussion place for injured workers :: Meeting room-
Jump to: